There is something special in these hills. It can’t be denied, that we here in Winneshiek County, Iowa have our own little slice of heaven. Tucked in the limestone bluffs, surrounded by river, rock, and forest, we enjoy a unique blend of the pastoral dream, flush with biodiversity, and the vivacity of arts and culture.
This spring, now in its 2nd year, the Winneshiek County Convention & Visitors Bureau (WCVB) is celebrating the beauty and charm of our great community through the perspective of our bright and hopeful youth. The WCVB will release their 2nd “Kids are Tourists Too!” Annual Coloring Book in May 2017.
This locally inspired and created coloring book was made possible through the generous sponsorship of Northeast Iowa Resource Convention and Development Inc. A free printed copy of “Kids Are Tourists Too” is available at the WCVB Visitors Center, or you can download and print one at home.
The WCVB is again encouraging our county’s youth to get out those sketchbooks and show us what YOU love most about Winneshiek County! Calling all artists ages 2 – 17 to draw about our community and all the fun things to do and see in Winneshiek County. Artists will receive $10 if their coloring book page is selected. All submitted artwork will be on display during the month of May at the Visitor Center.
Drawings are not limited to, but may be inspired by the following:
· What is your favorite Winneshiek County restaurant to eat at?
· What is your favorite Winneshiek County event/festival?
· What do you do for fun in Winneshiek County?
· What is your favorite animal that lives in Winneshiek County?
Multiple entries are encouraged! However, a maximum of 2 drawings may be selected for the coloring book from each artist.
DEADLINE for submission is: Friday, March 24, 2017
Drawings may also be considered for this year’s COVER CONTEST. Take your time, be neat & give your best work – and one of your pictures may be selected for the FRONT COVER of this year’s coloring book!
Drawings may be hand delivered to the Winneshiek County Convention & Visitors Bureau at the Visitor Center in downtown Decorah, next to KVIK radio station. Office hours are 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. Monday through Friday and Saturday from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and Sunday from 12noon to 4:00 p.m. or mail your drawings to:
Winneshiek County CVB507 W. Water Street
507 W. Water Street
Decorah, IA 52101
Feel free to scan your picture and email to firstname.lastname@example.org. For more questions call the WCCVB at 563-382-2023.
· Clearly print your name, phone number & mailing address on the back of your picture.
· Do not write information on the front of your picture.
· Return artist release form with your picture. The artist release form and contest instructions are available at visitdecorah.com or at the downtown Decorah Visitor Center. Pictures cannot be used without permission.
· Must be a vertical line drawing using a black Sharpie on 8 ½” x 11” white paper. Leave a 1” margin around all four sides. DO NOT fold or bend artwork.
· Keep the theme Winneshiek County focused.
Photo Credit: VisitDecorah.com